lunes, 19 de julio de 2010

Bye, Linux, I'm into Windows 7 Now!

Maybe some of you read my review on Mandriva 1010 Spring. If you did, you might remember how pleased I was with the performance of this beautiful OS. As a non-technical user, I encountered very few problems and I was delighted with the new Mandriva distribution because I could witness a small part of the long road of the developers' progress.

Mandriva fully introduced me to the world of Linux, a fascinating alternative paradigm. Thirsty for knowledge, I also tested several other distributions, visited communities, participated in forums, and read lots of wikis. I learned more about computers in a year than I had in over 10 years of experience as a user of Windows.

If you read some of my previous posts, you probably know how proud I felt when my Linux machine protected me from USB viruses and other everyday online threats. My chest expanded with happiness when my home computer was praised by Shields UP!, as described on this post by a beginner Linux user, just like I am.

However, my Linux experience is over. I have made up my mind and, yes, I'm going back to Windows. Why? Well, the answer is simple. Linux stands no chance against Windows 7. Nor does Mac OSX. Period. That's the plain truth coming from the wise lips of Kevin Turner and, as Mark Antony said in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, you cannot question him because Turner IS AN HONORABLE MAN.

I cannot deny that I had more positive experiences with Linux than I did with Windows. Yet, if Turner says Windows is superior, and HE IS AN HONORABLE MAN, I must believe him.

Lo! It is true that Turner works for Microsoft, but that condition will never steer his opinion either to the right or to the left, for he is unmoving as a Northern Star, and when he says Windows 7 is better because of a sales record, on his honor we trust that he took out all the pre-installed copies of Windows 7 from the figures. Counting them establishes unfair conditions for battle (Linux does not bend the arms of OEMs) and Turner must have known that, for HE IS AN HONORABLE MAN.

What has Linux done for us, I ask? It has rescued my Windows computer and those of people I know from the dark pits of uselessness. But Turner, an honest man, says that Linux is useless. With his statement he suggests that it was the user's incompetence that kept stalling the computer, not Windows, and he knows and he is truthful and honorable.

SO, I AM BUYING WINDOWS 7. Only I am not doing it RIGHT AWAY. I will buy it when Turner can guarantee on his job that I can use Windows 7 to go online without an antivirus for a year, without ANY FURTHER DOWNLOAD, and my HD remains pristine, for today SECURITY is one indispensable condition of a SUPERIOR OS. In the meantime, I am going to use 42% of the $140 Windows 7 Home Premium license to buy Mandriva Spring Powerpack and then I am going to support other Linux-related projects with the rest.

UPDATE:
Truth hurts. Read Shakespeare ;-)

16 comentarios:

  1. Very interesting! Only MS Brainwashed individuals would believe that. Windows #1 in sales? Well, in this country all computers come with Windows pre-installed, so whoever buys a computer will buy Windows regardless of his/her OS preference. MS seem to treat people as dumb idiots...again!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. By the way, the picture you chose greatly reminds me of "No longer Human" (Ningen Shikaku) from Aoi Bungaku. Scary!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. True, MS should know better than that. About the picture, I took it from the Web and modified it with the GIMP...an useless program in the eyes of Turner, I'm sure, but he's "an honorable man", hahaha!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Dude. I lol'd so hard XD

    Bring on the FUD, aye? MS is grinding itself slowly into the ground, and the funny thing is they don't even realize how.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. To Anónimo. You are right. Some sore people recommended me to download MS "Security" Essentials to solve the problem of security...But, if THAT is SO GOOD and ESSENTIAL, why doesn't Microsoft INCLUDE IT with the OS?
    They still don't get it! ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Get Win7! Download Microsoft Security Essentials for free. There, problem solved.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. But I already did! And the Essentials, too! I used the combo to feed my troll with it! XD

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Mechatotoro: if you feed your troll with that, you could be sued for trollicide when it dies! Not even trolls deserve to die in such a painful and cruel way! But then again, Win7 is so effective that maybe nothing will happen!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Yep, Megatotoro. But maybe the troll can download the Win 7 anti-troll poisoning "security" essentials for free. There, problem solved ;-) But I think the troll didn't want to go through all the trouble, so it started using Linux!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I've abandoned crappy linux after 4 years of painfull experiments. Windows 7 is excellent OS and i will never again waste my time with open source shit.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Win7 is indeed much superior to any other OS on the market today. Loaders are plenty, just Google one. You have a free as in beer system. After 5 years of Linux only, I couldn´t do anything else but switch to Win7.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Linux rules and XP is second place. Loosers

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Windows means you keep paying for shit! BTW,read-before-post.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Maybe the 4 years of experiments of the guy who didn't like Linux were so "painfull" because his/her brain was "designed for Windows" and not for learning! All my years of painful experiments with Windows actually made me switch to free software...

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Windows 7 is lipstick on the Vista pig. If Windows 7 numbers are so good, why would microsoft extend support for xp till 2020? and why use only american consumer statistics (NPD) if you're claiming global use. USA usage is not a microcosm of Global use.

    ResponderEliminar

And the Magic is Ready!

Two weeks ago, DistroWatch reported that Mageia 9 had been released. Back then, I was swamped with work and, even when the Mageia notifier ...